Monday, May 2, 2011

The Ohio Civil War Collectors Show


I spent this past weekend as a vendor at the Ohio Civil War Collectors Show in Mansfield, Ohio. If you're into Civil War memorabilia of any sort, I strongly suggest you check out this show for next year. It's traditionally held the first full weekend of May (they made it a week earlier this year for some reason but next year it's back to its usual weekend) and features something like three large buildings full of anything Civil War-related you can think of, plus a sutler area, displays of period items, CW scenarios of various types, and even some Revolutionary War encampments and scenarios. I've done this show for many years and no matter what the weather, it's very well-attended.

This year I had the pleasure of receiving a copy of a new book by Lois Lambert, Treasured Memories of a Civil War Widow, seen above. Lois' book features my artwork, A Promise to Return, on the cover and I am absolutely thrilled with how it turned out. Lois is a very well-respected author of Ohio Civil War-related subjects, having won the 2009 Oliver Hazard Perry Award for best Ohio Related Military History. I've begun reading this new book and am very impressed. I'll be offering her books for sale in my Gettysburg gallery this summer.

To view more of my Civil War-related artwork, please visit http://www.civilwarfineart.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment